Wednesday, July 13, 2011

MOOCast - Week#3






Archive.org flv file (212MB)



Chat Logs

Hangout Chat

John Graves: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12838403/20110609/howto.htm
John Graves: Presentation from CITRENZ
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12838403/20110704/citrenz.htm
Jeff Lebow: we hear you fine
John Graves: Hear you loud and clear guys.
Benjamin Stewart: A whiteboard?
yep or screenshare
Rob Darrow: Good morning
Benjamin Stewart: If Nellie is connected to one of us in Google+, she should be able to hangout.
Benjamin Stewart: bnleez
Benjamin Stewart: Just curious, anyone using Linux?
Rob Darrow: Hi Nelllie can you see this? We see you but no audio from you
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: I'm in 3 chats
John Graves: I noticed this in my men's group the other day -- we all wear glasses.
Perfect!
Rob Darrow: Nellie, nice to see you, Sound is good.
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: the hangout is the only great thing so far
 yes, I remember breeze
Benjamin Stewart: yes, audio is good.
John Graves: Here in Auckland we had a similar setup for multicampus meetings -- wall sized.
http://www.wiziq.com/
What is your local time? 2:24AM here in New Zealand.
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: it's much
John Graves: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-approach-to-china.html
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: so are the MOOCs good for busines
Rob Darrow: 7digital music player
Benjamin Stewart: sounds interesting
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: I love apple!
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: John is going to present at the MMVC11:
http://moodlemoot.integrating-technology.org
It's muted,now
I was writing in the chat so much for the breathing, Jeff.
John Graves: Not hearing much about SCORM now.
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: I just invited people. I'd like to see how .
John Graves: http://www.elml.ch/
Benjamin Stewart: excellent amazing
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: anyone using a mac?
John Graves: Nellie - I'm on a Mac, using built-in iSight.
Hi Elena.
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: I'm wondering if the camera quality is any better.
How many of you can give invites for google+
Benjamin Stewart: Nellie, your video looks fine, just a lot of light in the  background.
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: Yes, I'm at my sister's house, Benjamin
John Graves: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12838403/20110714/MyCircles.png
Benjamin Stewart: I haven't setup any circles yet.
Benjamin Stewart: Hello Evelyn.
yes faster
John Graves: Chrome and Firefox
Benjamin Stewart: sleek
yep
John Graves: Forced to use IE at Uni.
Benjamin Stewart: extensions are great
Benjamin Stewart: yes
Rob Darrow: Hi Evelyn - Can you see this?
John Graves: Attended "iPads in Tertiary Education" yesterday.
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller left group chat.
John Graves: Looking to create more content.
Elena Garofoli: Sanford, same with me
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller joined group chat.
John Graves: 10 people! Very good.
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: I left and had a hard time coming back.
Rob Darrow: Nellie - Which conference are you at? I'm at
http://sloanconsortium.org/et4online
John Graves: Etherpad crashed with 10+
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: how relevant is our locations nowadays
John Graves: Can we get folks to visit ietherpad and collaboratively
type: http://ietherpad.com/edumooc2011-topic-areas
Vance Stevens: AND the chat works in Chrome
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: Rob,
Kalyan Chattopadhyay joined group chat.
Elena Garofoli: I totally agree
John Graves: Cool. Agreed.
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: I cannot delete what I put in the chatbox before I send it off. Anyone else having these issues.
Benjamin Stewart: Firefox is slow in linux
Elena Garofoli: I'm using Firefox on a Mac with no difficulty
Sanford Arbogast: i didnt notice the chat until now
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: Eve never gives up.
Vance Stevens: here it is
John Graves: Chrome on a Mac. Working well.
Kalyan Chattopadhyay joined group chat.
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: Hi Kalyan
Rob Darrow: Hello Kalyan
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: I invited a few people
John Graves: How about links to organizations? I study here:
http://www.aut.ac.nz/
Benjamin Stewart: I have a question
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller  I am faculty at the University of Phoenix
Elena Garofoli: interesting question
John Graves: Following Ben.
Kalyan Chattopadhyay joined group chat.
John Graves: Hello Kalyan.
Kalyan Chattopadhyay: H\ello
Elena Garofoli: but there is still the draw of video, of seeing someone
Benjamin Stewart: I always start with the profile.
John Graves: The Google+ page shows a list of who is in the group.
Kalyan Chattopadhyay joined group chat.
Sanford Arbogast: it stems from AOL text chat a/s/l?
Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: I prefer google +
Sanford Arbogast: we want to know something about who we are talking to
John Graves: Who is on:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12838403/20110714/WhoIsOn.png

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: Hi Stanford

John Graves: How are you using Reader?

Sanford Arbogast: hi

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: I like the openness of this MOOC

Rob Darrow: I'm following the "live" events as much as I can and then
the Twitter feed.

John Graves: Found the Google Group problematic.

Rob Darrow: and Google group

Sanford Arbogast: it is definitly overwhelming

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: pick and choose

Sanford Arbogast: i read the google group digests then process some of
hte information

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: Jeff, where is the noise coming from? Do you
know?

Elena Garofoli: I was wondering the saem

Sanford Arbogast: i started reading reality is broken and began writing
a blog

Vance Stevens: i'm THINKING about a blog post

John Graves: Attrition is a big problem.

Elena Garofoli: lol Vance

Vance Stevens: not a problem

Benjamin Stewart: I am posting a video to my blog on the ICTs I'm
currently using, challenging others to do the same.

paper.it also

What happens to the groups after the MOOC has come and gone?

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: not yet

Benjamin Stewart: How do you measure that?

John Graves: Need a tally of who is in every week.

Like a FourSquare check-in.

Elena Garofoli: Sanford, how are you finding "Reality is Broken?"

John Graves: 70-80 dropped off Moodle.

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: maybe the Moodle people are elsewhere

love unconference 8 weeks is too long

Benjamin Stewart: I like that idea.

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: MOOCs are good for 2 weeks

Benjamin Stewart: I agree.

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: but how many are still there?

John Graves: Doing an unconference on Saturday: http://bca.geek.nz/

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: MOOCs ca\n have a enter door and an exit
door for documentation purposees

but who would go through exit door ?

John Graves: Can we produce a collaborative summary of week 3, like
this one for week 1?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12838403/20110701/edumoocweek1.htm

Elena Garofoli: aside from the video focusing on who is speaking anyone
know what determines when video changes?

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: I don't think so, Elena, but it's something
I have been asking myself

Benjamin Stewart: I've never liked the "massive" part of it...I'd
rather it be "meaningful".

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: I love the massive, Benjamin

Jeff Lebow: http://edumooc2011.blogspot.com/p/edumoocosphere.html

Dr. Nelli  Deutsch Muller: Jeff has a great blog with the
resources

John Graves: Jeff: Best list yet.

Sanford Arbogast: elena just click on another person

Vance Stevens:
http://www.scoop.it/t/edumooc/p/290037880/mooc-epcop-learnspace

John Graves: Or years later.

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller:
http://www.scoop.it/t/edumooc-4-al


Benjamin Stewart: It took me time to find my "groove".

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: @John, yes, years later...

I always meet some great educators on each MOOC

Elena Garofoli: You found your groove? I;m still looking for mine

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: Elena, is your first MOOC?

John Graves: http://www.archive.org/web/web.php Wayback Machine

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: Detective Jeff

Elena Garofoli: I started with the CCCK (?) mooc a while back

but never did much wutih it was too overwhelmed

Rob Darrow: Hello Helaine

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: Helaine Marshall

Benjamin Stewart: much better

Helaine Marshall: am in a meeting and not permitted audio or video

Alex Pickett is addressing us

Rob Darrow: Thanks Helaine, good to see you here...we have been talking
about EduMooc who is Alex Pickett?

Helaine Marshall: but Google + and EduMOOC were mentioned by our
speaker yesterday - Ray Schroeder, so I am following up

Vance Stevens: hi laine

Sanford Arbogast: Alexandra M. Pickett is the Associate Director of the
SUNY Learning Network (SLN)

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: I'm here to have fun.

Vance Stevens: well googled

Elena Garofoli: hey Sanford can you mute your mic?

Rob Darrow: "Meaningful" is a personal choice I think ... but if it is
not meaningful, people stop for sure.

Benjamin Stewart: It's more about the personal interaction and not the
total number of participans.

Helaine Marshall: SUNY Learning Network

http://slneducation.edublogs.org/

Benjamin Stewart: I agree.

Elena Garofoli: but the problem is that many faculty I know do not hold
that perspective

Benjamin Stewart: For teachers as well.

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: #Elena, exactly

Rob Darrow: Laine - Thanks for that link. Lots of conferences going on
all at the same time. Without this tech, we would not know that.

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: well how do we learn, do we learn in an
organized one

I cannot teach you but you can learn

Benjamin Stewart: I agree.

Benjamin Stewart: Thanks everyone!

Rob Darrow: It's on my calendar...like the open conversation. Every Wed
morn...good...

Benjamin Stewart: I like the idea.

Rob Darrow: Bye everyone...

Vance Stevens: http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/volunteersneeded

Benjamin Stewart: me too

Helaine Marshall: thanks for inviting me -

Hi Vance!!!

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: It's up to us

Helaine Marshall: count me in....

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: so we can have one area and do it with Vance
and Jeff

Benjamin Stewart: signing off...take care everyone

Elena Garofoli: Nellie, thanks for the scoop.it link

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: I love scoopit

Elena Garofoli: bye y'all thanks so much. see you next time

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: bye and thank you, Elena

Hi Tero, great video camera

Dr. Nellie Deutsch Muller: There's a delay from Europe

Thank you, Jeff

yes, for me


Meebo Chat

No comments:

Post a Comment